Senior Accountant, Public Practice - Permanent - 16933
About the Opportunity
We are exclusively retained with a smaller established, professional accounting firm that provides a comprehensive range of accounting, advisory, assurance and taxation services to small and medium sized entrepreneurial enterprises.
This group has an exceptionally bright Partner team and are looking for a strong Senior Accountant to help balance the workload through busy season.
They support their Accountant to grow personally and professionally, as they feel their people are their most important asset. Your time, experience, knowledge and skillsets are truly valued. They foster different learning opportunities, teamwork, and flexible work hours. You can expect your work to be challenging, rewarding and engaging.
The ideal candidate will become an integral part of their team, someone who is passionate about providing excellent client service. The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively, provide their clients guidance and support on bookkeeping, accounting and tax. They are relationship builders and have strong work ethic and a healthy culture/environment with more work-life-balance than most firms.
- 5 - 7+ years of recent experience working in a professional accounting firm and complete Compliance and Review Engagement files, and personal and corporate tax returns, while coaching and encouraging other team members, and providing advisory and bookkeeping support for clients
- Credibility with clients because of your current accounting, assurance and tax experience, curiosity in their business, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills in order to manage multiple deadlines and competing tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with CaseWare, TaxCycle, QuickBooks, and Sage
About the Job
- A respectful, progressive and supportive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive remuneration and benefits; including discretionary bonus, flex days, extra time off at Xmas
- Recognition for your contributions to the team and to clients
- An opportunity to be coached and mentored by professional accountants
- Rewarding and challenging work, and the opportunity to build relationships with business owners and their trusted advisors
- Excellent location
- Underground, heated parking monthly
- Cell phone
- CPA dues and PD covered
- Work life balance
- Support and collaborative environment
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply to This Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your summary. Thank you for your interest in our role. We will be in touch with you if your profile matches the key requirements, experience and the expectations of our client.
Please be aware that all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.